Appropriate dress creates an atmosphere of success and sets the tone for acceptable behavior and self-confidence in school. In your preparations for school each morning, please take the time to make sure that your child has followed the dress code for Cheltenham Elementary.
All students are expected to dress in the following manner:
- Skirts and shorts must be mid-thigh length at minimum
- Tennis shoes are recommended for PE days
- No hats or head coverings (except for health or religious reasons)
- No visible undergarments (underwear, bra straps)
- No midriffs, spaghetti straps or clothing that is sheer and revealing (please make sure shoulders, backs, and bellies are covered).
- No slippers, no pajama bottoms
- No purses or fanny packs
- No clothing with inappropriate language or pictures
- No sunglasses, gloves or hoods worn inside the building
- No writing or drawing on their own or another person’s skin
- Clothing must match the temperature outside. For example, if it is snowing or below 40 degrees it is not weather appropriate to wear shorts or tank tops.
- We love that our young scholars like to express themselves through physical appearance! What we have learned is that artificial nails can become a safety hazard and an overall distraction at school. For this reason we ask that our scholars not wear them to school.
- Accessories should not distract from learning, such as playing with fake lashes, earrings and purses. If the accessories become a barrier for learning, we will notify parents and work to resolve the issue.
If your student needs to change their outfit for any reason, we will contact the parent/guardian and we will provide appropriate tops or bottoms, when available until a parent/guardian can drop off appropriate clothing.